Many business owners have an exceptional ability that makes them believe they can do everything. However, this false notion can delay the growth of the business or the company, like “Hello? We’re not living in a perfect world, competitions are everywhere, Make a difference!”
Determining as to whether or not you should outsource a task or project is burdensome for some business owners to do. Facing such decision making is especially true when you have been used to doing everything yourself. Let’s face it that many business owners are a “control freaks.”
At times, there are things that may interfere on your way to success. You know, it’s those little tasks you are likely to put off doing. The tasks you would prefer not to do, and the tasks that consume so much of your precious time, time that you rather spend focusing on the growth of your business. The question now is how would you know when and when not to outsource? What tasks should and should not be outsourced? Below are some ideas to help you get started, which hopefully after you read them you’ll already know how you can start helping yourself.
Below are the 6 of the most in demand business tasks that are best outsourced.
- Administrative tasks. With the continuous innovation of technology, boost in speed and connectivity and increased cloud services, companies nowadays don’t necessarily need an office with a number of people in order for their business to run. Lead follow-up, data entry, payment processing, and other administrative task are some of the administrative tasks a virtual assistant or an office administrative support can handle. This can save and cut down overhead costs tremendously.
- Customer Service Representative. Sales calls are usually a matter of numbers, this means that more calls are equal to more sales and leads. If you want to keep your customers or acquire new ones, calls and inquiries should not be left hanging, but instead be promptly answered. Outsourcing a team can be an advantage to close deals and handle clients, instead of making cold-calls. The outsourcing team will be the one to handle the cold calls so that your sales representatives can get close to them easily. Outsourcing your customer support can promote effectiveness and efficiency in your business especially when your company is product based.
- Human Resources. Employee acquisition and Human Resources have become more and more challenging through the years that the different functions of the Human Resource department are becoming more comprehensive and complicated to manage internally. Outsourcing companies have more skilled and talented personnel who are specialized in advertising, screening suitable applicants and checking references. Other tasks like managing employee benefits can also be handled by an outsourcing company since they are always updated on the latest employment laws and standards.
- Digital marketing effectiveness involves supporting more comprehensive marketing objectives and often indicates the contribution of the online channel. An outsourcing company with skilled marketing staffs can often provide an outside perspective that an internal marketing staff cannot. Competent freelance writers can produce a better content that will improve marketing campaign. Other online marketing tasks such as social media marketing, product listing, email campaigns, blogging and search engine optimization are also much better when outsourced.
- Accounting and Financial Duties. Financial functions such as bookkeeping, invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, as well as financial reporting, analysis and planning can also be outsourced because of the advance in technology that made sharing of documents and data easier, more secure and reliable. Company’s overall cash flow, as well as financial reporting, analysis, and planning, can be handled by outsourcing companies or individuals to save you considerable hours, headaches and unnecessary expenses.
- Graphic Design. Creating a flyer or poster for your business may take you a while, especially when you are not a graphic design expert. Outsourcing graphic design for promotions or projects is cheaper and won’t leave you worried running behind the schedule. You’re also assured of a quality design because you knew that it was created by an expert.
Outsourcing as mentioned earlier is great for a lot of reasons, but there are certain task and aspects of your business that you should never outsource. Here are some example tasks that should not be outsourced:
- Company culture and Professional Development. This cannot be forced; it is because only your in-house staffs have the drive and determination of what you call as the “feel” of the office. These two things must be aligned with your people and your business.
- Core Competencies. An essential part of developing an effective outsourcing plan is to determine what your company is really good at, your competitive advantage and what gives you an edge. Figure out your company’s core competencies and then keep them in-house. You can outsource for assistance, but make it clear that all the information should stay in-house.
- Employee development. Outsourcing companies can help here, but it is you who know your employees better than anyone else. Their future lies with you and it’s important that you take the time to develop their career.
- Termination Management. How terrible is it to watch people get fired by complete strangers? There are some companies that offer this kind of service, but please don’t do it with your employees. However, seeking for an outside advice and counsel for assessments and outplacement is acceptable.
- Never outsource tasks that you don’t even understand. There may be a lot of tasks you want to outsource at this very moment, such as getting an assistant to manage your Customer Relationship Management, developing a website and so much more. While these tasks can be outsourced, if you don’t really understand how they exactly work, then you could end up investing in something that you’ll end up replacing at your earliest opportunity.
Outsourcing is a great business strategy, but you must take note that it is still the job of the business to make sure that outsourced services are delivered on time and to measure them accordingly. Being responsible enough can make the difference between your success and failure in business. Therefore, if you are ready to outsource your company to highly skilled and professional individuals, then hurry, get in touch with us now to find out how we can help your business to success.